Other contents of the municipality
- villages and neighbouring locales
- castles and fortresses
- Didactic Itinerary - the Via di Castiglioni
- Sweet Countryside, Ancient Walls - Itinerary 2. Among churches, towers, small country houses and historic farms
- Sweet Countryside, Ancient Walls - Itinerary 3. In the historic parish churches of San Piero in Mercato and of Coeli Aula.
- Sweet Countryside, Ancient Walls - Itinerary 1. In Chianti country.
- See all
- places of faith
- Useful numbers
- Typical & artisan products
- Tourist facilities
- Sports, health & leisure time
- villas and palaces
Castle of Lucardo
The remains of the ancient fortified village of Lucardo rise on the top of a hill between the Valdelsa and the Val di Pesa. All of the buildings face onto the central piazza, among which emerges a powerful, truncated tower that once served as the keep. At the foot of the castle rises the Romanesque church of SS. Martino e Giusto. Documentary evidence attests to the existence of the castle of Lucardo from at least the 8th century.
|Interests||arte e cultura, famiglie con bambini, turismo scolastico|